Sunday, November 30, 2008

We've left the marina

After 6 months of having Nomad in Marina Chahue, Mexico we drove out of the harbor last night and anchored in the next bay over.  We have a couple of details left to attend to before we leave but are officially checked out of the country.  Our next update will be sent from El Salvador.  Although we haven't moved far, we are glad to have taken a baby step towards leaving. 

Our cockpit is shiny and freshly painted; the oil and transmission fluids are changed; we now have a lazy jack system for our mainsail, and many many other details taken care of.

We spent Thanksgiving with 3 boat neighbors (one American, 2 Canadians).  We had potatoes, roast chicken, stuffing, and apple pie. 

I'm thankful for the opportunity to meet wonderful people who have been welcoming and been good friends.  I'm thankful for the money I've made by sewing.  It takes a bit of financial pressure off.  I'm thankful to get to see my brother and Brooke at Christmas.  I'm thankful for our Marriage Encounter weekend in S. California right before we came down in September.  It's been a lot of hard work since we got back (except for our trip to Oaxaca) but I'm thankful that we can see the light at the end of the tunnel of boat projects.  I"m thankful for emails of encouragement and friends that have stayed in touch.

Most of all, I'm thankful for God's providing all of our needs.  Free food, jobs, friends, and his guidance.  I hope that you are also experiencing God's provision in your lives.

Megan and Brian

No comments: